CMMC Practice CA4164; Requirements and Documentation | ChatFortress
Posted on June 19, 2021 by Benjamin Bressington
CMMC Practice Requirement:
Security Assessment - CA.4.164
Conduct penetration testing periodically, leveraging automated scanning tools and ad hoc tests using human experts.
Check below how we can help you make implementing CMMC & NIST800-171 easier! There is a demo video of the ChatFortress Easy Compliance CMMC and NIST800-171 tool which can help you calculate your SPRS score for free!
Security Assessment - CA.4.164- Clarification Statement
This practice focuses on performing penetration testing (pentesting) against organizational solutions in order to identify vulnerabilities and weaknesses. Pentesting is a crucial component to help identify vulnerabilities in solutions as well as help identify flaws in systems under development and production systems. By performing penetration testing an organization can utilize the findings as feedback for development teams to utilize while planning system patching and mitigation strategies. Pentesting teams should have full access to documentation and source code (if developed in-house) of the solutions being tested prior to running attacks. An adversary will attempt to gain full knowledge about a system prior to attacking it; this will increase their likelihood of success. The adversary does this over a period of time, which includes research, recon, and gaining an understanding about the solution prior to launching an attack. The organization should allow a pentest team to have full knowledge of the solution prior to attacking it in order to perform better vulnerability analysis against it. The findings from the pentesting team effort should be used to help build mitigation plans for the solution, which may include modification to source code, design changes, as well as architecture changes. Overall, pentesting should help identify issues that should be fixed in order to increase the overall security posture of the solution.
Penetration testing can be performed by an in-house team or a trusted third party.Penetration testing of different adversary types should be conducted over time.
Need more help understanding this CMMC & NIST800-171 requirement?
ChatFortress has made available a series of tools to help you implement CMMC & NIST800-171 into your company. Here are some of the resources you might want to review.
- Need an SPRS Score? You can get that in 15 mins for Free!
- CMMC NIST Requirement Audits
- Compliance Documentation
- Compliance Document A.I. (We will write your documents for you)
- 3rd Party - Vendor Supply Chain Compliance Management
- Recommending Security Solutions to meet compliance requirements.
- Or just answering your questions and being your sherpa or compliance grunt. We are happy with either role.
How to Implement a CMMC Audit/Assessment using CMMC Software Tool?
How can ChatFortress help you implement CMMC?
- Order your copy of our "CMMC + NIST800-171 Compliance Checklist & Implementation Guide." This book can help you save 1000+ hours when you implement CMMC—answering your questions and providing you with a clear strategy to meet your compliance requirements.
- Leverage the ChatFortress Easy Compliance CMMC Assessment Tool" This tool was designed to help you implement CMMC faster and easier. We are helping you to prepare for your CMMC audit and validate that you are Audit Ready. Create your Free CMMC Audit Tool Account account here.
Are you worried that your company is vulnerable to ransomware?
The Business Cybersecurity System protects you against real-world threats while building your cybersecurity culture. Using the latest in breach and attack simulation our team can show you which ransomware and malware attacks would cripple your company regardless of the cybersecurity protections you already have in place!
Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) Free Resources:
Implement CMMC Faster and Easier?Learn More
Who is ChatFortress
ChatFortress is a leading cybersecurity company that helps small and medium-size companies protect themselves from hacking attempts. Using Cybersecurity AI, Gamified cybersecurity awareness programs and providing virtual security analysts. Our goal is to help you create a cybersecurity aware culture.
- Common cybersecurity mistakes business make that allow hackers to steal your identity, data, and money
- 8 types of hacking and social engineering attack campaigns
- How to Protect Your Email Inbox from phishing attacks!
- Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification
- Understanding CMMC Level 1 Requirements
- Understanding CMMC Level 2 Requirements
- Understanding CMMC Level 3 Requirements
- Understanding CMMC Level 4 Requirements
- Understanding CMMC Level 5 Requirements
Talk to Us
Reduce your cybersecurity risk and exposure. Schedule time with your ChatFortress Specialist now
or Call 307-999-7755
Cybersecurity Education Links
Common Cybersecurity Mistakes and how you can protect yourself and your business from liability and financial loss! Instant Webinar Access!
Schedule Your Free Cybersecurity Risk Assessment Click Here to Schedule Call
Discover current hacker trends to steal your data and how you can protect yourself in 7 day FREE Email Cybersecurity crash course
Here are the 8 common types of email phishing attacks that hackers use to steal your identity. Are you protected?