CMMC Practice IR2092; Documentation and Requirements | ChatFortress
Posted on June 19, 2021 by Benjamin Bressington
CMMC Practice Requirement:
Incident Response - IR.2.092
Establish an operational incident-handling capability for organizational systems that includes preparation, detection, analysis, containment, recovery, and user response activities.
Check below how we can help you make implementing CMMC & NIST800-171 easier! There is a demo video of the ChatFortress Easy Compliance CMMC and NIST800-171 tool which can help you calculate your SPRS score for free!
Incident Response - IR.2.092 Clarification Statement
Incident handling should include activities that prepare your organization to respond to incidents. These activities may include the following:
- identify people inside and outside your organization you may need to contact during an incident;
- establish a way to report incidents, such as an email address or a phone number;
- establish a system for tracking incidents; and
- determine a place and a way to store evidence of an incident.
You may need software and hardware to analyze incidents when they occur. You should also consider incident prevention activities as part of your incident-handling capability. The incident handling team provides input for such things as risk assessments and training.
Your organization should detect incidents in different ways. Use indicators to detect incidents. Indicators are things that don’t look like what you expect. Examples include:
- alerts from your sensors or antivirus software;
- a filename that looks unusual; and
- a log entry that raises concern.
After you detect an incident, you should analyze it to decide what to do. To analyze an incident, you need to know what should be occurring on your network and what should not. This will help you determine when an incident may have occurred. It may also help you decide what to do about it. You should also document what you know about the incident. Include all the log entries associated with the incident in your documentation.
Containment of the incident is important. This stops the damage the incident is causing to your network. You should base the containment activities you do off your incident analysis. These activities can include:
- disconnecting a system from the internet; and
- changing firewall settings to stop an attack.
Recovery activities are things to fix that caused the incident. This will help prevent the incident happening again. Recovery activities also include things that fix the affected systems, including:
- restoring backup data; and
- reinstalling software.
User response activities include:
- performing a lessons-learned analysis;
- deciding if you should contact the police; and
- updating any policy or plans as a result of after incident analysis.
Need more help understanding this CMMC & NIST800-171 requirement?
ChatFortress has made available a series of tools to help you implement CMMC & NIST800-171 into your company. Here are some of the resources you might want to review.
- Need an SPRS Score? You can get that in 15 mins for Free!
- CMMC NIST Requirement Audits
- Compliance Documentation
- Compliance Document A.I. (We will write your documents for you)
- 3rd Party - Vendor Supply Chain Compliance Management
- Recommending Security Solutions to meet compliance requirements.
- Or just answering your questions and being your sherpa or compliance grunt. We are happy with either role.
How to Implement a CMMC Audit/Assessment using CMMC Software Tool?
How can ChatFortress help you implement CMMC?
- Order your copy of our "CMMC + NIST800-171 Compliance Checklist & Implementation Guide." This book can help you save 1000+ hours when you implement CMMC—answering your questions and providing you with a clear strategy to meet your compliance requirements.
- Leverage the ChatFortress Easy Compliance CMMC Assessment Tool" This tool was designed to help you implement CMMC faster and easier. We are helping you to prepare for your CMMC audit and validate that you are Audit Ready. Create your Free CMMC Audit Tool Account account here.
Are you worried that your company is vulnerable to ransomware?
The Business Cybersecurity System protects you against real-world threats while building your cybersecurity culture. Using the latest in breach and attack simulation our team can show you which ransomware and malware attacks would cripple your company regardless of the cybersecurity protections you already have in place!
Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) Free Resources:
Implement CMMC Faster and Easier?Learn More
Who is ChatFortress
ChatFortress is a leading cybersecurity company that helps small and medium-size companies protect themselves from hacking attempts. Using Cybersecurity AI, Gamified cybersecurity awareness programs and providing virtual security analysts. Our goal is to help you create a cybersecurity aware culture.
- Common cybersecurity mistakes business make that allow hackers to steal your identity, data, and money
- 8 types of hacking and social engineering attack campaigns
- How to Protect Your Email Inbox from phishing attacks!
- Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification
- Understanding CMMC Level 1 Requirements
- Understanding CMMC Level 2 Requirements
- Understanding CMMC Level 3 Requirements
- Understanding CMMC Level 4 Requirements
- Understanding CMMC Level 5 Requirements
Talk to Us
Reduce your cybersecurity risk and exposure. Schedule time with your ChatFortress Specialist now
or Call 307-999-7755
Cybersecurity Education Links
Common Cybersecurity Mistakes and how you can protect yourself and your business from liability and financial loss! Instant Webinar Access!
Schedule Your Free Cybersecurity Risk Assessment Click Here to Schedule Call
Discover current hacker trends to steal your data and how you can protect yourself in 7 day FREE Email Cybersecurity crash course
Here are the 8 common types of email phishing attacks that hackers use to steal your identity. Are you protected?