CMMC Practices RM2142; Requirements and Documentation | ChatFortress
Posted on June 19, 2021 by Benjamin Bressington
CMMC Practice Requirement:
Risk Management - RM.2.142
Scan for vulnerabilities in organizational systems and applications periodically and when new vulnerabilities affecting those systems and applications are identified.
Check below how we can help you make implementing CMMC & NIST800-171 easier! There is a demo video of the ChatFortress Easy Compliance CMMC and NIST800-171 tool which can help you calculate your SPRS score for free!
Risk Management - RM.2.142- Clarification Statement
A vulnerability scanner is an application that identifies an organization’s asset vulnerabilities for which the scanner is capable of identifying. Then, the scanner creates a prioritized list of asset vulnerabilities ordered by their level of severity. The scanner also describes each vulnerability and the steps needed to fix it. Your organization should scan for vulnerabilities on all devices connected to the network. This includes servers, desktops, laptops, virtual machines, containers, firewalls, switches, and printers. All assets that have any form of connection to a wired network, Wi-Fi environment, and air-gapped labs that are associated with the CMMC assessment should be scanned.
Organizations that develop custom software should perform reviews of the software. Vulnerability analysis of a custom-made solution requires an experienced penetration testerto properly test and validate findings. Automated vulnerability scanners do not necessarily perform well against custom developed applications.
The vulnerability scanning process should be a regular activity. It should not be a single occurrence. Organizations should put in place a vulnerability scanner that updates its database each time it performs a scan. This means that the scan looks for the most current vulnerabilities. Schedule scans with consideration of the potential for impact to normal operations. Use caution when scanning critical assets. These assets do need to be scanned, but some scanning options could cause a denial of service against a critical asset. You could replicate the critical asset in a test environment and perform vulnerability scans against the replicated asset. The replicated asset vulnerability scan will produce valid reports that need to be applied to the production system only if the replicated system is an exact duplicate of the production system and has identical functionality in operation when being tested.
Need more help understanding this CMMC & NIST800-171 requirement?
ChatFortress has made available a series of tools to help you implement CMMC & NIST800-171 into your company. Here are some of the resources you might want to review.
- Need an SPRS Score? You can get that in 15 mins for Free!
- CMMC NIST Requirement Audits
- Compliance Documentation
- Compliance Document A.I. (We will write your documents for you)
- 3rd Party - Vendor Supply Chain Compliance Management
- Recommending Security Solutions to meet compliance requirements.
- Or just answering your questions and being your sherpa or compliance grunt. We are happy with either role.
How to Implement a CMMC Audit/Assessment using CMMC Software Tool?
How can ChatFortress help you implement CMMC?
- Order your copy of our "CMMC + NIST800-171 Compliance Checklist & Implementation Guide." This book can help you save 1000+ hours when you implement CMMC—answering your questions and providing you with a clear strategy to meet your compliance requirements.
- Leverage the ChatFortress Easy Compliance CMMC Assessment Tool" This tool was designed to help you implement CMMC faster and easier. We are helping you to prepare for your CMMC audit and validate that you are Audit Ready. Create your Free CMMC Audit Tool Account account here.
Are you worried that your company is vulnerable to ransomware?
The Business Cybersecurity System protects you against real-world threats while building your cybersecurity culture. Using the latest in breach and attack simulation our team can show you which ransomware and malware attacks would cripple your company regardless of the cybersecurity protections you already have in place!
Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) Free Resources:
Implement CMMC Faster and Easier?Learn More
Who is ChatFortress
ChatFortress is a leading cybersecurity company that helps small and medium-size companies protect themselves from hacking attempts. Using Cybersecurity AI, Gamified cybersecurity awareness programs and providing virtual security analysts. Our goal is to help you create a cybersecurity aware culture.
- Common cybersecurity mistakes business make that allow hackers to steal your identity, data, and money
- 8 types of hacking and social engineering attack campaigns
- How to Protect Your Email Inbox from phishing attacks!
- Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification
- Understanding CMMC Level 1 Requirements
- Understanding CMMC Level 2 Requirements
- Understanding CMMC Level 3 Requirements
- Understanding CMMC Level 4 Requirements
- Understanding CMMC Level 5 Requirements
Talk to Us
Reduce your cybersecurity risk and exposure. Schedule time with your ChatFortress Specialist now
or Call 307-999-7755
Cybersecurity Education Links
Common Cybersecurity Mistakes and how you can protect yourself and your business from liability and financial loss! Instant Webinar Access!
Schedule Your Free Cybersecurity Risk Assessment Click Here to Schedule Call
Discover current hacker trends to steal your data and how you can protect yourself in 7 day FREE Email Cybersecurity crash course
Here are the 8 common types of email phishing attacks that hackers use to steal your identity. Are you protected?