CMMC Practices SI5222; Requirements and Documentation | ChatFortress
Posted on June 19, 2021 by Benjamin Bressington
CMMC Practice Requirement:
System and Information Integrity - SI.5.222
Analyze system behavior to detect and mitigate execution of normal system commands and scripts that indicate malicious actions.
Use threat indicator information relevant to the information and systems being protected and effective mitigations obtained from external organizations to inform intrusion detection and threat hunting.
System and Information Integrity - SI.5.222- Clarification Statement
Normal system commands and scripts used by the adversary will be allowed by normal application whitelists. The adversary uses this fact to move around despite the presence of whitelisting or other defenses. An organization may use endpoint detection and response (EDR) to record system activities and events that occur. Analyzing EDR records is one way to identify execution of a script that operates outside of normal parameters, indicating an exploit is in progress. Another way to approach this is to use User and Entity Behavior Analytics solutions to identify malicious activity.
Need more help understanding this CMMC & NIST800-171 requirement?
ChatFortress has made available a series of tools to help you implement CMMC & NIST800-171 into your company. Here are some of the resources you might want to review.
- Need an SPRS Score? You can get that in 15 mins for Free!
- CMMC NIST Requirement Audits
- Compliance Documentation
- Compliance Document A.I. (We will write your documents for you)
- 3rd Party - Vendor Supply Chain Compliance Management
- Recommending Security Solutions to meet compliance requirements.
- Or just answering your questions and being your sherpa or compliance grunt. We are happy with either role.
How to Implement a CMMC Audit/Assessment using CMMC Software Tool?
How can ChatFortress help you implement CMMC?
- Order your copy of our "CMMC + NIST800-171 Compliance Checklist & Implementation Guide." This book can help you save 1000+ hours when you implement CMMC—answering your questions and providing you with a clear strategy to meet your compliance requirements.
- Leverage the ChatFortress Easy Compliance CMMC Assessment Tool" This tool was designed to help you implement CMMC faster and easier. We are helping you to prepare for your CMMC audit and validate that you are Audit Ready. Create your Free CMMC Audit Tool Account account here.
Are you worried that your company is vulnerable to ransomware?
The Business Cybersecurity System protects you against real-world threats while building your cybersecurity culture. Using the latest in breach and attack simulation our team can show you which ransomware and malware attacks would cripple your company regardless of the cybersecurity protections you already have in place!
Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) Free Resources:
Implement CMMC Faster and Easier?Learn More
Who is ChatFortress
ChatFortress is a leading cybersecurity company that helps small and medium-size companies protect themselves from hacking attempts. Using Cybersecurity AI, Gamified cybersecurity awareness programs and providing virtual security analysts. Our goal is to help you create a cybersecurity aware culture.
- Common cybersecurity mistakes business make that allow hackers to steal your identity, data, and money
- 8 types of hacking and social engineering attack campaigns
- How to Protect Your Email Inbox from phishing attacks!
- Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification
- Understanding CMMC Level 1 Requirements
- Understanding CMMC Level 2 Requirements
- Understanding CMMC Level 3 Requirements
- Understanding CMMC Level 4 Requirements
- Understanding CMMC Level 5 Requirements
Talk to Us
Reduce your cybersecurity risk and exposure. Schedule time with your ChatFortress Specialist now
or Call 307-999-7755
Cybersecurity Education Links
Common Cybersecurity Mistakes and how you can protect yourself and your business from liability and financial loss! Instant Webinar Access!
Schedule Your Free Cybersecurity Risk Assessment Click Here to Schedule Call
Discover current hacker trends to steal your data and how you can protect yourself in 7 day FREE Email Cybersecurity crash course
Here are the 8 common types of email phishing attacks that hackers use to steal your identity. Are you protected?