Potential for Iranian Cyber Response to U.S. Military Strike in Baghdad
This is the Cybersecurity Dominio Effect
Factors that influence cybersecurity attacks can be out of your control. All you can handle is how you are Dectecting, Responding and Recoverying from this threats.
Here are the recommendation from the CISA
The following is a composite of actionable technical recommendations for IT professionals and providers to reduce their overall vulnerability. These recommendations are not exhaustive; rather they focus on the actions that will likely have the highest return on investment. In general, CISA recommends two courses of action in the face of potential threat from Iranian actors: 1) vulnerability mitigation and 2) incident preparation.
- Disable all unnecessary ports and protocols. Review network security device logs and determine whether to shut off unnecessary ports and protocols. Monitor common ports and protocols for command and control activity.
- Enhance monitoring of network and email traffic. Review network signatures and indicators for focused operations activities, monitor for new phishing themes and adjust email rules accordingly, and follow best practices of restricting attachments via email or other mechanisms.
- Patch externally facing equipment. Focus on patching critical and high vulnerabilities that allow for remote code execution or denial of service on externally facing equipment.
- Log and limit usage of PowerShell. Limit the usage of PowerShell to only users and accounts that need it, enable code signing of PowerShell scripts, and enable logging of all PowerShell commands.
- Ensure backups are up to date and stored in an easily retrievable location that is air-gapped from the organizational network.
If you have questions or want to know how you can protect yourself connect with our team and we can help you.
Who is ChatFortress
ChatFortress is a leading cybersecurity company that is helping small and medium-size companies protect themselves from hacking attempts. Using Cybersecurity AI, Gamified cybersecurity awareness programs and providing virtual security analysts. Our goal is to help you create a cybersecurity aware culture.
ChatFortress Email Guardian is the Ultimate Anti-phishing Program as it Detects and Mitgates Email Phishing Attacks in 3 seconds using A.i Real-Time Inbox Scanning for Phishing Prevention!
Helping you verify the device and the person you’re sharing wire information with via our secure chat platform. When you need to validate the person you are sending information you need ChatFortress communication. To speak with a ChatFortress Agent call (307) 999-7755. If you want a demo you can Schedule a ChatFortress demo here.
Complete your FREE scan using our Hacked Scan Tool which scans over 11 Billion compromised data records and the darkweb to see if your data has been exposed to hackers. We will tell you exactly which third party services exposed your data and what you can do about it. Complete your free scan now it only takes 30 seconds!
Discover secrets to social engineering scams hackers use to steal your data and money with the 7 Day Cybersecurity Crash Course
The ChatFortress Free 7 Day Cybersecurity Crash Course will give you cybersecurity insider secrets on how to protect yourself from hackers. The 7 Day Crash Course is one email a day for 7 days and will cover password cracking skills, social engineeing scams, how to detect phishing emails, how to protect yourself from attack and current threat trends. Sign up today to unlock these insider secrets.